Sunday, December 04, 2005

And there are many paths to tread

So it turns out that I love a good cavalry charge on film. There is just something about them that produces feelings that I really don't think that I can describe. I should take a moment to apologize for the image from Kingdom of Heaven, but it was the best I could find in a quick amount of time. Anyway, not just crusade films or LOTR - both of which I have watched recently. Westerns have nifty charges as well, although there is some guilt over the fact that usually they are about to exterminate a native population of some sort. Cavalry charges just look cool and they have that great energy that makes you believe that those 20 guys on horseback can easily take on the enemy and somehow live. Now that is good entertainment people.
Well, I am thinking about making that my 35th birthday thing - not destryong a population or taking out the evildoers, but learning to ride a horse. I mean for my 30th I plan to learn how to drive stunt cars, so why not horse riding at the age of 35. Hopefully, I will have a job that can support these dreams...is that too much to ask?

No comments: