Saturday, December 03, 2005

send back a letter from America...

So I have been thinking lately, how long is it going to take before we no longer speak English in the US but American? Look at the romantic languages...all started with Latin and then you got French, Spanish and Portuguese after a good many years. I think it is only a matter of time until American speech becomes something all in itself with only faint tinges of the mother tongue...spend any amount of time with todays youth and you will understand what I mean!!!
Today was good...no real reason why, but good. I know this might not mean much to many of you, but the last couple of months have not gone by with resounding joy or laughter. It is odd, I am an only child and have spent a good portion of my life alone, but recently I have realized that living alone can be lonely. I don't mean living alone in an apartment, although that can be very isolating as well. In June my friends started leaving town and even though I have made new friends, it just doesn't fell the same. I feel like a dinosuar that somehow survived extinction...a third year grad student relic!

No comments: