Friday, December 02, 2005

another ditch in the road, you keep moving...

So...today a little bit of my soul died. Although some of you might not believe it, I am not completely bitter and cynical...I do have some optimism. But what little idealism I have left was reduced quite a bit today. I went with my boss to retrieve some records from the off-site facility in Birch Bay...a cold war radar tower - I believe it is number 9 on the aerial photo. Anyway, I can't begin to describe the horror. It has the atmosphere of a horror film and would be a great builing to torture people since no one would hear anything through the cement walls. There are no windows and at the moment the building is home to many different insects and animals as well as a mausoleum for those no longer with us. As soon as I can, I plan to compose a eulogy for my dead idealism, but for right now the pain is too real.
Other than that, nothing much. Tomorrow I promise I will put up the tracklist for the December 2005 ELFI Mix. Since no one is getting the CD for a few weeks, this really reduces the need to get the tracklist published, but I wouldn't to fall behind. I would never catch up again. Knitting is going well, although I am not sure what I will do with all of the scarves I make. At least the current snow conditions make them a bit more relevent.

No comments: