Monday, December 19, 2005

Burn the land and boil the sea...

So it has been a couple of days since I last posted anything, but not to worry. I am still alive and well. I have just been over-the-top busy. Now before you assume that my workload is holiday related...think again! I actually mean real work, well volunteer work really, but you get the idea and all. I had hoped to finish up my work with the maps at the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies - nifty sounding place huh. Unfortunately, the database had sever problems and the collections themselves weren't without issue. Anyway, I am not in the labelling phase of the project, but a million and one things keep coming up. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish...but first I must deal with my other boss - actually thesis advisor which makes saying 'no' impossible - and his syllabus/reading list problems. I understand not wanting to find 2 pages worth of single-spaced articles, but hey it shouldn't be my job. Oh how I hate so many things at once...what I really need to do is clean my flat and pack. Priorities...priorities!!
In more fun news, I have started rewatching the miniseries and first season of Battlestar Galactica in an effort to prepare for the arrival of the season 2 DVDs - keep in mind I have no clue how I am going to pay for them. Well actually to be more specific, I have been a bit obsessed with Horatio Hornblower - i.e. Ioan Gruffudd and the extremely bodacious Jamie Bamber...See people, sometimes my random DVD watching actually makes logical sense. I will admit not often, but every once in a while I can surprise you. Back to Battlestar, though. Unfortunately, it is only half of a season and still costs around $40...oh if only I had an unlimited DVD fund...but in happy news I think my parents might get FX which means I could watch the episodes on tellie. Pretty nifty...
One final thing...saw P & P again tonight with a friend. Just so that no one worries, it was her idea - and I hadn't gone in a couple of weeks. I really do love the story...I don't care the format, I am still a sucker. However, I am sure this is news to absolutely no one...most people knew that already!!

No comments: