Thursday, December 15, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

So for the past couple of months I have been pondering a certain thing...why is urine yellow. I know it isn't deeply philosophical or anything, but it is a valid question. I mean other substances that leave your body usually conform to colors of food or other matter that has been injested. However, urine is always yellow - unless blood has been mixed in. The other day I realized that I have a friend whose whole family works in the medical field...so I asked and finally got an answer that I thought I should share. So according to Bill, "as urine is concentrated bilirubin it is also concentrated causing a yellow rue. If you were to drink a lot of fluids and hence have very diluted urine to would then be more clear...make sense?" So there you go folks...now you can never claim that my blog isn't a fount of useful info.
In other news, it is frickin' freezing up here. It never gets above 35 degrees and nights are colder that I wish to write. I have removed the temperature gauge from my room since it only depresses me. I woke up this morning to a 47 degree room; I feel like I am camping just without the smores and songs. Hopefully Sactown is warmer...I could use warmer!!! I actually went over to a friend's house tonight to simply bask in the wonder of her heated home!!! At least I brought lemon bars...I paid my dues.

No comments: