Sunday, December 25, 2005

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

Ok...I know it has been a couple of days since I have posted, but hey I have been busy. I drove down to Bothell - a burb outside Seattle - on Wednesday to stay with a friend. In one of my most exciting nights ever...we refiled her father's business records in the attic. Sadly I am not really being sarcastic...I really did have a good time. My flight, aside from being 2 hours late, was quite uneventful. My mother and I had a row my first night back, but things are a bit better now...I've seen a couple of friends...gorged on decent food that I didn't have to scrounge...and best of all - PRESENTS!!
It will come as a surprise to no one that I am spoiled rotten; comes with being an only child. This spoilage comes from more than just my parents. So, I'm guessing you want to know what I got...wait for it...a goat. Yes, my best present was that of a goat donated in my name to Heifer International to be given to some impoverished person somewhere in the world. I know it sounds corny, but I think it is awesome...lord knows I got enough others things. So here is the highlight list (divided by category of course!!!):
DVDs

  • Buffy Season 7 (I know what you are thinking...didn't she have this already. Actually I had them all on tape, but apparently that wasn't good enough)
  • The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing (I've only heard good things about this documentary)
  • Visions of Light: The Art of Cinematography (Think the title is pretty self explanitory)
  • Enigma (Brillant film that American don't appreciate and my local Blockbuster lost)
  • Live 8 (Fab 4 disc volume of the 8 concerts...and hey it has U2 and Paul McCartney on stage together)
Books
  • A Vision of the Future: Star Trek Voyager (Yes...I am a geek, but you knew that already)
  • An Illustrated History of Scotland (If only I could find that single Scotsman with a castle looking for that quirky American girl - me)
Miscellaneous
  • Trio of Framed cemetary photos from Tennessee
  • Family heirloom jewelry from my Nana (3 sets of nifty earings)
  • Fluffy robe (and pink at that)
  • Quilted Ottoman cover
  • Chocolate covered cherries
  • And much more, but I am sure you have stopped reading by now!!!
Overall a bloody fantastic Christmas day. After opening presents we listened to old Christmas albums (actual records since my dad got a turntable as a present) and then the Smothers Brothers...my favorite. All in all a good day in a season of depressed ones!!!

No comments: