Monday, January 23, 2006

And I wonder, still I wonder who’ll stop the rain...

I never thought I would say this, but thank God for the mormons. Let me start at the beginning. You see, I was under the impression that changing windshield wiper blades wasn't that hard of a task. Boy was I wrong about that one!!! After working for over 45 minutes, I still hadn't removed the old wiper blades and as if to further humiliate me...it even rained on me. The instructions served only as a heckler to my plight..."Remove previous wiper blades." That was it...no explanation on how to accomplish this task. Just an image that looked nothing like my wiper blades and with no hint on how to actually do any of this.
Anyway, I was at wits end - even a call to Marathon...a woman who can change her own oil I might add...didn't me anywhere. And then I saw them: 2 clean cut mormon boys walking right toward me. I should interject here that they didn't have bikes, but a car. When did they get cars?!?!? However, within 3 minutes, I had new wiper blades on my vehicle. I was so grateful, I even let them talk to me for a couple minutes...
Other than that, no real excitement. The Seahawks game kicked butt and I will actually watch the Superbowl this year...something I have never really done. I choose to think of it as regional pride and not football enthusiasm...see not so bad!!! Although, I have spent years perfecting self delusion...

No comments: