Sunday, January 22, 2006

Making it easy to murder your sweet memory...

I have seen sun 3 days in a row now...I kid not!! Now of course the sunshine came between rain showers, but still...sunshine is sunshine my friend.
Boxes are finally starting to pile up in my apartment. Marathon came over to make sure that I got some work done...well more like she wanted to watch BSG, but still it was good to have a babysitter. And hey...if I get the living room too full I can move onto the bedroom!
After watching Underworld: Evolution for the third time this weekend, I realized something - beyond the obvious truth that I am a complete dork. Anyway, while discussing the film's sex scene with FemeNazi, I finally figured out why the scene bothered me so much and coined a new term "mortal sex". See, I found the scene disturbing, which was odd since sex scenes normally don't really bother me. However, the scene in Underworld: Evolution left me feeling uneasy. You see, the sex was too glorified...the epitome of beautiful people going at eachother in a idealized Hollywood fashion. These people's bodies aren't attainable...unlike the good ol' foreign films which feature real people having sex with bodies more like the rest of us. Hence the term mortal sex...something that any of us have the possibility of experiencing.

No comments: