Monday, January 16, 2006

Early morning, April 4...shot rings out in the Memphis sky

Well, the last hours of MLK Day, I stopped and enjoyed the halarity of the Golden Globes. It is such a joke of a show. I am quite scared by the fact that the show has lasted 63 years. My fav quote concerning the Golden Globes comes from Peter Travers of Rolling Stone - not a critic I always agree with, but still he has a point..."Never mind that the [Golden Globe] is considered a joke, given the dubious credentials of the 90-odd foreign journalists who pick the winners." So there is no need to worry about my lack of sanity, I fully realize that the show is pointless...I just like watching it anyway. I always have a good time mocking the clothing, horrible speaches, and awful choices made by these idiots. If only I had my own award show...it would be frakkin' awesome...I tell you that!!! Just think of the fun awards I could create and for once the right people would win. Ah...if only I ruled the world or at least could influence that leader!!!
I went to see Brokeback Mountain today, but the review will be a few days in the making. I'm still mulling over the film. Although I thought I knew what to expect, the film surprised me in many ways, expecially the lack of propaganda I was expecting after so much media hype. The film really had no agenda except to tell a story, a story many may find controversal, but still the story remains an extremely simple love story...and yet not. As Ang Lee did with his Civil War film Ride with the Devil, Brokeback deals with a topic that is highly emotional, but deals with the material in such a way that you come away thinking about the subject matter in a completely new way. Fascinating...and all from the guy who broght us Sense and Sensibility and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

No comments: