Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The truth is...I don't stand a chance

It is no secret that I have a soft-spot for cheesy or just plain crappy television programs especially on either the WB or Hallmark. I love good tellie and I love bad tellie. I will defend Battlestar Galactica and Veronica Mars or even Prision Break as quality programming whereas such favs as One Tree Hill and Supernatural have my vote and viewership more for the unexpected laughs - at the show of course not with it - and the hot, sexy guys (I am telling you, the WB has a farm somewhere). Anyway I digress...tonight's Supernatural actually brought up a concern, something that has bothered me for years...the Snuggles bear. In tonight's ep, which also guest starred Julie Benz - Darla, the vampire who sired Angel for all of you who aren't current with your Buffy knowledge - one of the main guys commented, "That fabric softener teddy bear...ooh...I want to hunt that little bitch down!" The statement first caught my attention because the word 'bitch' was used during primetime, but then I thought about the comment. I knew that bear was evil...I have been saying it for years and now I have back-up. Well, not really from a reliable source, but good enough for me...someone at least has had the same misgivings about the too adorable spokesbear.
In more relevant news, my property management people are really starting to annoy the crap out of me. Not only do they keep calling wanting to show my apartment on short notice, something I could refuse since I have paid my rent through the end of the month, they keep screwing me over by either cancelling and not calling or expecting me to show the apartment for them. I honestly don't know where these people are trained, but somewhere along the line they forgot common courtesy and respect for your fellow man. Perhaps they are somehow connected with Snuggles...wow perhaps the rain of the Pacific Northwest really can drive you crazy!

No comments: