Sunday, January 15, 2006

Just play with me and you won’t get burned...

Well, I am almost done with this interesting fantasy book about a boy and his dragon...a girl dragon I might add. Overall, I have enjoyed the book, but I wish someone would have an original thought sometimes. I mean, as much as I like Eragon, the book is heavily influenced by Robert Jordan and other contemporary authors. Don't get me wrong, I understand that all fantasy books are similar on some level or another, but I am getting tired of the same ol' same ol'. The names are even similar...Fades and Shades. Come on, at least make me somewhat delude myself concerning the similarities and pretend I can't accurately guess upcoming events. It's becoming ridiculous. Even as much as I love Robin Hobb, her books suffer from the same fate. Even the Wheel of Time no longer has the exciting edge it once did...if only I had a good idea for a fantasy novel!!!
Other than reading quite a bit and avoiding packing - I did accomplish some real packing last night, but nothing today - I ended up spending most of the day with Marathon watching BSG. I did go to her indoor soccer game as well, but ended up spending most of the game trying to make conversation with her ex - someone I have very little in common with. At least the game was interesting. I must now return to reading Eragon since I only have 50 pages or so left. Expect a full review tomorrow!!! Well maybe not tomorrow since it is the Golden Globes, but soon!!!

No comments: