Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Like a hand out the window in the wind...


Ok...I know it is a bit late, but here is the tracklist for January's ELFI's mix. I can't believe we are already 10 days into the month. Man time flies...Anyway overall the mix seems country heavy which I find interesting. I mean, I do often go in phases with my music, but this country phase is out of order. I have many theories, but feel free to share yours. And so without further ado:

1. Caledonia - Frankie Miller
(A catchy song all about Scotland...do I really need to say anything else?) 2. Days Go By - Keith Urban (I LOVE Keith, even if he is a bit gay and all...and this song...the days do seem to be flying by. Soon I will have to leave the academic world and enter the real one...scary!) 3. Can't Hurry Love - Dixie Chicks (You reall can't - believe me I have tried!!!) 4. Santeria - Sublime (Everytime I hear this song, I am back in high school listening to my Sublime CD, a CD my parents still no nothing about.) 5. Tripping - Robbie Williams
(For the most part, I don't understand what the song is about only "I've taken as much as I'm willing to take". I understand that statement.) 6. Staring at the Sun - U2
(The previous track uses a similar line and it got me thinking...besides what is one of my mixes without a U2 song?!?!?!)
7. This One's For the Girls - Martina McBride
(This one really is for all those girls around 25...you know who you are.)
8. Should've Been a Cowboy - Toby Keith
(Although I don't really want to be a cowboy, I do often wonder if I would be happier doing something esle in life...)
9. You'll Think of Me - Keith Urban
(This black and white music video almost makes me want to break up with someone...well almost, but then again first I would have to have someone. Is this the appropriate place to complain about the approach of Valentine's Day?)
10. I Sang Dixie - Dwight Yoakam
(Anyone that can actually use the melody from Dixie in their own song has my vote. Besides, Dwight is always brillant!)
11. Make Me Pure - Robbie Williams
(At this point in my life I understand this one, especially "
Oh Lord, please make me pure - but not yet") 12. Farther Along - Brad Paisley
(One of my fav ol' hymns...)
13. Tonight I Wanna Cry - Keith Urban
(I seem to be going this a lot lately...go figure!)
14. In My Life - The Beatles
(I always play this song quite a bit before moving...seems to make it seem better.)
15. Highwayman - Johnny Cash & Co.
(Any song about men dying in wet cement while building a dam in Colorado has my vote. Well that and it is the super group the Highwaymen.)
16. Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Miller
(I love Glen Miller. I don't care if he isn't really a nice guy and writes campy hits. I can never get enough of pop/country...hence my love of Keith Urban.)
17. Here I am (Come and Take Me) - Al Green
(Catchy my friend. Simply catchy!)
18. I Love the Nightlife - Alicia Bridges
(We always used to listen to this song over and over while getting the coffee stand ready to open in the morning. Whenever I hear it, I feel the need to make coffee or steam milk.)
19. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
(This track rates high on my list of all-time
20. Money - Alan Cummings in Cabaret (Money really does make the world go round. Too bad I don't have any. I would make the best rich person, I just need someone to give me a bunch so I can prove myslef...any takers?)
21. Night and Day (With Punctuation Marks) - Allan Sherman
(I believe this song explains both my childhood and why I am the person I am today...see at least I have some excuse!!)

Well that is it. It looks like February will be Ryan Adams heavy...I just love the boy!!

No comments: