Sunday, January 01, 2006

Would you have my baby?

So one day last week I picked up one of the skinny, ultra-funny-in-a-sad-way, crap romance books at a used bookstore. For those of you concerned that I am visiting bookstores even though I am broke...have no fear. This was the only book I purchased and it was only a buck or so and I was with ChickLit, who had strict orders not to let me buy anything. Anyway, I picked up the book because of the cover...isn't it a doozy? I mean, as if the title wasn't halarious enough, the picture is priceless. Well, I read the book in an evening thinking the entire time that the country of Dacia was fictional. Unfortunately it turns out that the book - a crap book I really don't want to admit to reading - got one up on me. Oh...if only this wasn't the most depressing recent revelation in my life.
I actually figured this all out a church - an ironic place to think about romance novels, I know, but I gave up years ago trying to explain my thoughts. I didn't have a Bible of my own and so I borrowed one of the paperback volumes floating around - by floating I mean they were handed out by ushers to us poor unfortunate souls that for some reason or another were Holy Scriptureless. The front of the Bible advertised that it contained 2 maps of the ancient world and so I decided to take a look and there lo and behold was Dacia...right next to Syria. I believe that it was an ancient country and no longer exists since it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, but hey...I really have no clue. I just feel the shame...the utter sadness that a crap Harlequin novel got the best of be...what will be next? Be sure to check back in the near futures since knowing me it is only around the corner!!!

No comments: