Monday, February 13, 2006

I knew much more then than I do now...

Ok...so I started my new job today. Man am I going to be busy. I also didn't think I would be this nervous, but what can I say. It isn't retail, so I am pretty willing to do almost anything...However, working as an office manager for 2 people makes for an interesting training since you have 2 fax machines and 2 copiers to learn along with answering the phone 3 different ways depending on which line lights up. With all my years in academia, it amazes me how little I actually know about the "real world".
In interesting news, I recently noticed that Karl Urban has billing next to the Rock on the Doom DVD - a movie I will one day own for some reason, although not anytime soon!! Anyway, this got me thinking about the fact that although I have seen him in some New Zealand films and of course The Bourne Supremacy, the boy hasn't done much beyond Lord of the Rings. It never ceases to amaze me...what that trilogy did for obscure hot foreign men descending from the British Isles or former British colonies...if only Dominic Monaghan hadn't sold out on Lost. Ah well...at least Billy Boyd has kept the indie spirit alive!!
I also have figured out why U2 won 5 Grammys last Wednesday. It was all a clever plan to re-align my world after the horrible superbowl game. You see since the Seahawks got screwed over by the refs, fate decided to fix the imbalance by allowing U2 to win all of those Grammys. I mean as much as I love the group, the amount of awards won falls into the Lord of the Rings Oscar wins...I like the films, but I don't think they deserved all of the awards they got. Kinda ridiculous...but hey my world is back in an upswing so I can't currently complain...at least not until tomorrow!!!

No comments: