Friday, February 10, 2006

Life's for livin' child, can't you see?

So...best Thursday EVER!!!! Not only did I get to lay in bed for an extra hour or so staring at the pretty boy - hey...calendars are an important wall accessory - I got to go shopping and got a job. A nifty little job working for a couple of agriculture lobbyists!!! Of course this isn't my dream career, but at the moment it is a full time gig that pays $13 an hour. Keep in mind, after taxes that is still double what I made as a TA and I don't have to pay rent. I might actually save money for once?!?! And the most fatastic part of it all...NO RETAIL!! Actually that isn't completely true...I will be selling some vaccines for farm animals, but an office is an office. I finally have a watercooler to talk around!!
My cold is getting better, although it still hasn't gone away. It has now been a full week of this. I got most of my hearing back today, but now my ears keep popping and it is beginning to hurt. I'm not sure how long it will take for my nose to recover. I still find it quite funny I lost my voice for a couple of days. It is like a little practical joke from fate or something. Girl who loves to talk on the phone with friends, talk in coffee shops, talk in bars...pretty much talk with anyone even after their eyes have glazed over now can't talk to anyone. Strange twist of fate really.
Oh well...the voice is back and The O.C. totally rocked. Oh how I love my angst-filled melodramas!!! Unfortunately, I now have to wait until March 3rd for a new ep. What's up with that?!?!?! Fox doesn't have the olympics - don't even get me started on that one - or any major sporting event. And to make matters worse, the upcoming scenes are just a tease - I know that is the point, but still...I need to know these things. I tell you...these crap evening soap operas are almost better than real life. Well maybe if you don't have a job...Tune in tomorrow for my rant on how I don't like the current direction of Grey's Anatomy or emotionally fragile hairdressers!!

No comments: