Thursday, March 09, 2006

hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

Ok...I am not sure how much more repetition I can handle. I understand that The O.C. mainly relies on beautiful people, beaches, and well...I guess that is pretty much it. I guess it also specialized is self-aware drama, although I am finding that in reality, the writers had 1 season worth of material and they simply recycle it every year. Take this season...Ryan and Marissa - angsty again (look at the pic...they are the only established couple not standing next to eachother), Sandy and Kirstin's marriage - somewhat rocky again, Seth and Summer - dating although they act like a really cool sibling superhero duo. Nothing ever really changes. The end of the season approaches and it looks like once again Julie is getting married, Marissa is chosing to be with a bad guy and then will expect Ryan to bail her out when things head south. And despite how much I like Sadie, she looks and acts a lot like Teresa and kinda reminds me of a female Johnny. Don't get me started on that one. Oh and lest I forget, Ryan got in a fight this week and Seth covered for him. I did enjoy the phone conversation between those two while Seth rolled around in Ryan's bed...what a cute couple they would make...and next week looks like a party with intrigue...like we've never seen that one before!?!?!?!
I'm not expecting originality. I fully admit that is not why I watch the show, but hey...at least throw me something new and not the same charcters with different hair color and bigger boobs. I need something more...or as a compromise at least a few scenes with a shirtless Ryan. I am sure that could make everything better. That and a couple more Seth/Ryan scenes...they always steal the ep. Ryan is a great famulus to Seth.
(Yeah, I thought I could work the word of the day in, but now it just seems stupid, but I will keep it in anyway since I lke the meaning: an attendant or assistant, especially of a medieval sorcerer or scholar. Gotta love a word that is so fun to say!!)

No comments: