Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I eat leftovers with mashed potatoes...

What's up with Lean Cuisine meals and broccoli? Today as I ate my chicken linguini meal, I realized that every single Lean Cuisine meal I have had for lunch this week has included the horrid vegetable. I just can't handle it anymore. I have never been a fan of broccoli....and come to think of it, that is probably the only thing I have in common with George Bush Sr. As a child, I happily - well maybe not happily but at least voluntarily - ate spinach and brussel sprouts. I like veggies, but broccoli never caught on. Oh well...it could be worse. I could have to actually make my lunches. At this point, I just eat around the small little clumps.
And for those doubting thomases who thought that I would forget my resolution to learn a new word every day, I only have one thing to write: tabescent. All in all, a pretty nifty way to describe something that has withered or dwindled away...much like my hope in ever finishing my thesis!! But hey, that is a whole other issue...

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I am so glad I am not the only being tortured with the ick that is Lean Cuisine. I may need a sedative soon so I don't go nuts from the lack of fat, taste, and fast foody goodness.

puckbuff13 said...

Your preaching to the choir on that one, although since I am such a lazy person, I guess I can't complain that much. Who am I kidding?!?! If you read my blog at all, you know I love to complain. But, hey, it is nice to know that there are other Lean Cuisine critics out there!!