Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I bet that you look good on the dance floor...

Ah...they don't make them like they used to. It is amazing to me, how political Ninotchka actually is. Filmed in 1939, it doesn't shy away from taking a sarcastic look at Stalin and the Russia of the late 1930s. Who knew when Greta Garbo stopped dying from tragic diseases in films...it would be such political satire. Brillant...simply brillant.
Speaking of tragic...I also discovered today - from a crap book of course - that although I do often suffer from insomnia, I am afflicted with the wrong type. In turns out, in order to find that perfect man that can "fix you" - I am about to gag here people - you need to have some sort of dark traumatic experience that causes the insomnia...simple stress doesn't do the trick it seems. So typical of me...get part of it right, but in the end...still screwing it up. Ha Ha Ha. Could be worse really...instead of the inability to sleep, I could dream of Lindsay Lohan movies every night...oh and the Olsen twins. Oh the horror, the horror!!!

No comments: