Thursday, March 02, 2006

proof that love's not only blind but deaf

It turns out...the Brits have become more Americanize than eve...much to my horror. I recently began a fling with the Arctic Monkeys. (Those of you who know my theories on music will understand that statement...everyone else can just wonder or think I am a weirdo...I'm pretty sure you already do.) Anyway, I read an article today about how a couple of doctors in the UK have come out against the album cover because it promotes smoking. From looking at the pic, the band and I actually came up with the same defense...does the guy look like he is profiting at all by smoking that cigarette?!?!
Come on...if anything its a deterant people. I don't want to become him. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to argue that smoking is a teriffic thing. My grandmother's second husband died of ephazyma...I am just concerned that like the US, the UK has become a hyper-sensitive place. I am sure that it always was, but in my reality - actually quite far from bona fide reality - it was still a place you could have slightly "scandalous" cover art and not be criticized all over the place. Although I don't like tha aroma, what would a pub be like without the smokey haze and bad live music? Perhaps all in all it would be a far, far better experience, but the way things are going...I don't think I really want to live until I am 90. Who knows how bad it will be by then. But in the end, I am pretty sure no matter how popular the Arctic Monkeys are now...I doubt they will be around then?!?!

No comments: