Thursday, March 23, 2006

If you drink don't drive do the watermelon crawl...

Combined, my bosses recieve a crap load of magazines and newspapers on a number of different agricultural topics. I am actually amazed at the number of weekly papers devoted to things like packer associations and the like. Who knew?!?! Anyway, earlier this week both of my bosses were out of the office leaving me nothing to do and so I started reading the articles out of The Packer. For the most part I understand what is going on and why certain topics are important in the agriculture world, but I sometimes get lost in the jargon.
Anyway a couple of pages in, there was a picture of a couple of girls, dressed formally, spitting something. This intrigued me of course...it turns out that there is a National Watermelon Association - which apparently is hoping to market watermelons to the UK, which was the point of the article - and each year, the organization chooses a National Watermelon Queen based on how far she can spit a watermelon seed. How nifty is that?!?!?! This years queen won by spitting more than 23 feet. Now that is what I deem royalty!!

No comments: