Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I talk about silly things...

In disturbing news - that will most likely amuse those who know me well - I discovered today that sometime in the 6 weeks or so I have been working in agriculture - and by working I mean answering the phone and sending sheep vaccines by UPS - I learned not only the name of the 4 major swine breeds, but also can somewhat distinguish between different pigs. How the heck did this happen?!?!?! I would hate to think that I am beginning to weaken on my barnyard animal stance; I mean if that one goes...what's next? Perhaps if I had tried to learn this information, I wouldn't be so bothered by the fact that I now know it. (By the way, the breeds - in no particular order are: Duroc, Hampshire, Yorkshire, and Landrace.)
I think I could handle this all better if I hadn't picked up all sorts of sheep and lamb facts as well. I am turning into a regular Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and how scary is that one...I know I feel like examining all of my life choices, although the job pays well and for the most part I only have one boss at a time. Besides if I don't send the BlueTongue vaccine (strains #10, #11, and # 17 I might add), who will? Could I really live with all of that sheep sickness on my conscience? Well, probably, but why lose a paycheck in the process?!?!?!

No comments: