Thursday, May 18, 2006

And you'll feel dizzy, light, and free...

There is bliss in my village…well perhaps not bliss but at least a mild state of unabashed delight. After months of speculation, it looks like CW did inherit the ‘stud’ farm and most of my shows will make the transition to the new network; even Supernatural, which I can now watch since I am done with The O.C. I hope the presence of Grey’s Anatomy at 9pm Thursday nights will prompt NBC to move the new Aaron Sorkin show to another night leaving me with the hunky brothers and hopefully their dad since he won’t be on GA anymore *sob on Thursdays. But with my luck, Studio 60 will get moved to the Tuesdays at 9pm slot and that simply won’t do. I have to get my Veronica/Logan fix…oh and Weevil and Mac and Keith and even Lamb…well maybe not Lamb, but you get the idea!!!
On a completely unrelated note, although I think that statement works for pretty much anything that comes out of my mouth or gets typed, 6 friends have now sent me links to an Onion article. Apparently Heroic Computer Dies to Save World From Master’s Thesis, caught quite a few people’s attention. I highly recommend reading the article and as just a teaser, here is the opening paragraph…

“WALTHAM, MA—A courageous young notebook computer committed a fatal, self-inflicted execution error late Sunday night, selflessly giving its own life so that professors, academic advisors, classmates, and even future generations of college students would never have to read Jill Samoskevich's 227-page master's thesis, sources close to the Brandeis University English graduate student reported Monday.”

No comments: