Friday, May 19, 2006

Oh, where oh where can my baby be?

Ok...so was I the only one that started humming "Last Kiss" in my head during the final scenes of The O.C. last night?!?!?Ok...so was I the only one that started humming "Last Kiss" in my head during the final scenes of The O.C. last night?!?!? Come on…it is one of those songs that everyone knows the words to or can at least half-ass hum it. For some reason, we are programmed at birth with a couple of sample songs like new computers. If you still don’t agree I present the Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody” or “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling”. I rest my case. But just think…if they ever try to make The O.C.: The Musical, “Last Kiss can fit in perfectly, although finding something to rhyme with Volchok might prove difficut:

I couldn't stop, so I swerved to the right

I'll never forget the sound that night
The screamin' tires, the bustin' glass
The painful scream that I heard last.

Now that I think about it…a musical might be just the ticket. That was the only good thing about the last 2 years of Buffy…well that and Spike, but again…I digress.
I know I am supposed to be upset that Marissa is gone, but in the end, I am just a bit elated. I’m pretty much done with the show (I know that might shock some people, but hey the show isn’t what is used to be), but that death scene – was it just me or did it go on forever? – just confirmed how lousy Ms. Barton can be. First, she gives public interviews talking about her death BEFORE the show airs. I didn’t really care, but I figure that pissed off quite a few fans. Second, she can’t even die on screen with dignity or even convincingly. As ChickLit pointed out…she isn’t even convincing on Neutrogena ads…
Of course, all of these events will completely screw up Ryan, as if the boy didn’t have enough guilt issues already. Perhaps now he will go and live with Luke and his gay dad in Portland. I see a pretty entertaining Three’s Company’-esque spin-off, don’t you?!?! Perhaps he could instead team up with the people from That 70s Show (sans Topher Grace and Aston Kutcher), which actually had a pretty good season finale last night. Ah…if Fox shows were just one big show, what fun we would have!?!?! At least we had a couple of good SoCal soap years and hey..."Welcome to syndication, bitch!"

No comments: