Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Knit one, Pearl one, Drop one, Curl one

I have no nails left…not that I started with long ones or that the game deserved an on-the-edge-of-your-seat type attention. Over the last week or so, I have come to the realization that reading an online commentary of the game is actually worse than watching the game…far worse. My computer wouldn’t refresh fast enough and the comments only come every couple of minutes. To be honest, I think I might go insane…or more than normal. At least the next game (against Ecuador and not Germany, thank the saints), takes place on Sunday and so I should be able to watch! Hopefully, Ecuador is still reeling from their 3-0 loss to Germany and therefore will come into the match with low self-confidence. Hey a girl can dream – and not just about a semi-nude David Beckham!!
On a completely unrelated note, I had some fairly odd phone calls today. Near the end of one, after inquiring my name, actually exclaimed “But you’re a woman!” Most people wonder about my name, but most show a bit more tact in asking how I came by it. I haven’t received such a undiplomatic outburst in quite a while…and it didn’t stop then. He went on to inquire what my husband called me…talk about blunt! Luckily, I was able to contain my laughter until after I hung up the phone!

No comments: