Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another Bag of Bricks...

I have the nasty habit of not always reading the fine print. Now when it comes to financial matters or warranties I read every single word before signing...but when it comes to those "I Agree" terms that iTunes and various other websites throw at you in order to download a song or proceed with online registration...well most of the time I just agree. I mean, I want the song and if there was anything in there really awful, I would have heard about it already. I'm not that cutting edge!
At this point you might be wondering why I am telling you all of this. I know that sometimes I ramble on without a point, but this isn't one of those times. You see, I am a total devotee to wondrous phenomenon known as Netflix. I only joined a couple of months ago, but since that time, I have fallen hook, line, and sinker for the service even signing up for a similar program that deals in audiobooks. Anyway, a couple of days ago, Know-It-All invited me to become a "Friend". Honestly, wish I had read the fine print. Had I know that I would be allowing her TOTAL access to my queue, ratings, history (you name it...she can see it), I would have thought long and hard about the decision. It isn't just the fact that she has access to my account, but to make matters worse, I can view all of her stuff. It's almost like being on Big Brother: Cinema Edition or some sort of warped hidden camera show. Once you have seen the queue...there I no going back. Luckily I don't have anything too embarrassing at the moment, but it does change how I approach the whole website. Some of Know-It-All's selections, however, I know she wishes I had never seen since I gave her a hard time about it. Oh well…at least this gives us something completely bizarre to discuss rather that Star Trek Voyager. That is something to cling to!!

No comments: