Thursday, August 03, 2006

Come on along and listen to...the lullaby of Broadway!

I'm going into full musical mode...a phase that I go through a couple of times a year. For those of you who have never lived through one of these episodes...count yourself lucky. During this very special time, anyone riding in my car finds themselves forced to particpate in a listening comparison between the OBC (Original Broadway Cast) and film recordings or Rent or sitting in silence as I zone out with the beautiful harmonies in the reprise of "My Strongest Suit" in Aida and in Wicked's "Defying Gravity".
I find this time exciting and look forward to these periods, while others avoid me for a couple of weeks hoping to avoid the inevitible converstation about my current musical obsession or endless praise of Adam Pascal. Hey, don't tell me I never warned you...

2 comments:

Lass said...

i lurv "My Strongest Suit"..."Defying Gravity" is ok...not my fave. i prefer "Popular."

puckbuff13 said...

I LOVE "Popular", but I think the harmonies between the two women in "Defying Gravity" is better...well that and "For Good". I just love Idina Menzel. I also love "Not Me" in Aida. Although it isn't the best musical the music is fun and the voices on the recording can't be beat! Glad to hear I'm not the only one listening to this great music!!