Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Never, never to know how I loved you!

I love Hugh Jackman. To be honest, I don't know of anyone who doesn't. Not only is he easy on the eyes, but somehow Jackman can be a manly, hard-ass mutant while at the same time plausibly pulling off a singing and dancing man on Broadway. I can't express my happiness when I learned he was to star in Baz Luhrmann's new WWII Outback saga alongside Nicole Kidman. I'm not sure what Luhrmann is planning with this film since it seems counter to his previous work, but I for one will see it...most likely opening day.
Today, however, I read that Hugh is signed to star in a new film adaptation of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel. I'm not sure why they are making this film, but hey...why not. Aparently, it will be filmed smack dab between the Wolverine filck and Baz's epic. Some days...things just go right.
Oh, before I go, I did want to make one last Miami Vice comment. I forgot to mention Colin Farrell's indistinguishable accent that fluctuates throughout the film. I'm not sure where he is supposed to be from, but it sure ain't America! Man, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

No comments: