Wednesday, January 10, 2007

In theory I respect your right to exist...

Before I begin to gush about the awesomeness of Children of Men, I should begin with the confession that I love Clive Owen and have loved him since stumbling upon him in the BBC mystery series Second Sight on PBS. (And for those wondering...yes I did like King Arthur because how can you not love a film that begins with the phrase "Historians agree" and pulls off the classic Arthurian love triangle with good ol' Guinevere breaking up Arthur/Lancelot instead of Lancelot/Guinevere crushing Arthur and Camelot.) But I digress, the purpose of this blog is simply to encourage everyone to go and see this film since the studio is pretty much ignoring its existence. I mean, just view the studio trailer...it is just not good enough. If you want to see a good trailer, take a look at this fan-made trailer. (Quick warning though, it is a bit more spoilery than the studio trailer and features a song that uses the "c" word quite a bit. I never use this word, but somehow it fits for this movie. Or perhaps...my love of Clive knows no bounds!)
Anyway, the bottom line is, EVERYONE should go to this movie. It is exceptional in everyway. And as LeVar Burton would say, "Of course, you don't have to take my word for it." Check out the critics' opinion over at Rotten Tomatoes or the 'real person' reaction over on IMDb! It is just an amazing film. I mean, it has been 5 days and I am still thinking about it. Ok...well that ends this 2 paragraph public service annoucement!

2 comments:

Grace Tyler said...

Re: King Arthur--not to mention the most beautiful men on earth starring as Arthur and Lancelot!

I too am intrigued with this movie, both because of the plot and the fact that Clive has the lead.

puckbuff13 said...

The film is simply amazing. I haven't spoken to anyone who hasn't loved it. I mean, not only to you get to watch Clive Owen play the reluctant hero for a couple of hours, but there is just so much to think about and discuss afterwards. I mean I love my crap films such as "King Arthur", "Underworld" and the like, but "Children of Men" is what film is supposed to do!! (And by that I don't mean the poncy artistic 'films' of paint drying made by 'artistic' filmmakers in Paris. I detest those kinds of endeavors and that is why I avoid a good number of critics darlings!)